BENTONE HYDROCLAY™ 2100 adds viscosity and thixotropy to the solution, which allows for better formation of the cleansing drops.
1. Combine Phase A ingredients with medium speed mixing.
2. Combine Phase B ingredients and mix until uniform.
3. Add Phase B to Phase A mix using a Silverson homogenizer for 15 minutes, until completely uniform.
4. Add Phase C to Phase A/B with propeller stirring.
5. Adjust the pH using a 10% solution of Citric Acid with stirring.
6. Make a 5% solution of Calcium Chloride in Water.
7. Pipette formulation slowly into Calcium Chloride solution to form balls.
8. Remove balls from solution and rinse off. Remove all residual water and pack off.
|CI 15510 (10% Solution of SunCroma C76-7393 D&C Orange 4 in Water)||Sun Chemical||1.00|
|Hectorite (BENTONE HYDROCLAY™ 2100)||Elementis||2.00|
|Decyl Glucoside (Plantacare 2000 UP)||BASF||20.00|
|Dehydroacetic Acid (and) Benzyl Alcohol (Geogard 221)||Lonza||1.00|
|Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Oil||0.10|